1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short not to enjoy it.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay…
Pull Up Your Pants No One Wants To See Your Underwear, Harlem, NYC
It’s true: No One wants to see your underwear. Of course, these signs were meant to be a little, er, cheeky, but in some towns politicians actually made it against the law to let your pants sag too low. The town of Delcambre, in Louisiana, threatened offenders with six months of jail time.
Here in New York, politicians like Eric Adams took a more forgiving route, running billboards proclaiming “Stop the Sag!”
Another politician, Malcolm Smith, spent $2200 in campaign funds on anti-sag ads on the sides of buses.
“I said my pants are up, my image is fine. I said you can be cool as well. This is the new cool, just raising your pants,” said Smith, at a press conference I attended in 2010.
Ironically, Smith was just arrested last week — for allegedly trying to rig the New York City mayoral race. So he may not be the best role model after all.
|—||Geshe Kelsang Gyatso - “Modern Buddhism” (via dancingdakini)|